When it comes to makeup…Lipstick has always been a passion of mine. I love helping women select a hue and all things for the lips too. I must have fifty lipsticks on my vanity and I use them ALL!
My mantra is ‘A woman without lipstick is like a day without sunshine.”
Lipstick gives instant gratification and brightens the complexion. Applying lipstick is a quick demo that sells! Get your piece of the pie and start retailing lipsticks and for the lips!
When a woman is blue, she knows just what to do. She buys herself a new lipstick!
Even if you do not retail make-up, think about carrying a brand of lipsticks. Get your piece of the pie and start retailing lipsticks and more! If you already carry lipsticks. Bravo for you!
Lipstick is a cheap thrill. Carry a nice array of shades. If you do not retail lipsticks after they leave your spa, they are buying it elsewhere.
- A survey says 75% of women believe that wearing lipstick improves their confidence and makes them look & feel better.
- Lip stain lipsticks in all kinds of hues or glossy stains are all the rage and last longer on the lips than regular lipsticks. Carry at least one brand of them. Do not miss carrying this big seller.
- Teach your clients how to savor the last drop of their lipstick or lip balm or ones that have melted, broken or been discontinued. A great idea is to retail (empty) lip palettes for your clients to store their lip products. They can mix & match colors like a makeup PRO with a case like this and a lip brush. Eco friendly and good for the planet too. They love this idea.
- A lip brush offers a professional application and makes the clients lip shade look better and last longer on the lips. Consider carrying them too.
- Little old ladies rub their lips together after applying their lipstick. Show your clients how to blot their lips as old Hollywood makeup artists did. Then the color will not stick to the teeth.
- Most women wear a lipstick but they may not use a lip conditioner. Turn them on to one and professionally recommend they use it at night before they go to sleep.
- Slow business months or tough economic times lipsticks are always profitable.
- Lip products do not take up a lot of space and are a wonderful impulse item!
- Lip pencils give shape and definition to the mouth and make the lipstick stay within the lip outline. They are still on trend and in but steer clear from those dark liner hues.
- Lipstick Base is like foundation for your lips! It helps to keep the lipstick color remain true and not feather outside the lip line.
- Tinted Lip-gloss can be substituted for a blush when blended quickly on your cheek and tap with warmth of your finger in a little rosy healthy rosy glow circle. Clients love when you share these type of beauty tips!
- To make the lips look fuller…outline the lips with liner slightly outside the lip line, which makes them appear fuller.
- To makes, lips look smaller…apply lip liner inside the rim of the lip to make the lips appear smaller.
- Add some shimmer lipsticks to your collection for a sexy perfect pout. Illuminates the lips.
- Teach your clients …the darker the lipstick she wears the smaller her lips will appear.
- The lighter or more medium tone lipstick your client wears the larger the lips will appear.
- Beauty Flashback…invisible lip liner is back in a big way and magically keeps lipstick or gloss from running down out of the lip area.
- Have your clients kiss their lips good night with a super hydrating lip treatment
- Cracked dry flaky lips need some love with a little TLC vitamin C or E lip treatment to correct the problem. May be used alone or under a lipstick. Men love it too.
- KBeauty Gel Lip masks are amazing and are great for retailing or for an add on –service to your facials. Great for sun damaged lips and for smokers and those who puff and vape too.
- Start a Lipstick Club: Buy 6 get 7th one free!
I love whipping up recipes in my beauty Kitchen.
Enjoy my recipe below.
PUCKER UP, Buttercup… Lip Sugar Scrub
Add this natural skin care treat to your facial room as a treat OR as an add-on service!
What you will need:
1 teaspoon of organic brown sugar
1 teaspoon of grape seed oil or almond oil
Optional: Add a dash of vanilla or rosewater (the foodie kind from a Middle Eastern store) for a kiss of flavor yumminess.
Stir these two ingredients together in a mini bowl.
Apply on clean lips with a small brush. Leave on a few minutes.
Rub this mix on the lips and move back and forth gently.
Leave on the lips for at least ten minutes for it to do magic.
Rinse well with water and warm washcloth.
Apply a lip conditioner or lip balm afterwards.
This recipe is also good for YOUR mail clients too!
My Tips and Tricks for Perfect Lips:
Perfect – exfoliate with above recipe or a lip exfoliator for a smooth lip canvas.
Prep – with a lip base or lip primer to keep the lipstick lasting and color remain true.
Apply –shape the lips with lip liner first and fill in with lipstick or colored lip-gloss.
Shine –Add a dash of gloss in center of the lips.
*For an extra sexy, pout. Add a powder highlighter or light shimmery eye shadow to the center of her lips. This is a secret from makeup artists from Fashion Week all over the globe. As well as magazines and that amazing lingerie show that we see on TV every year.
As you can see, I am mad about making up the lips and sell many lipsticks to my clients in my business too. It is my fave part of the face to apply makeup too. I hope I have renewed your beauty passion and that you will love selling them too.