Have you ever tried doing a facial steam for your skin? It feels so good and leaves your skin refreshed and dewy!
My new favorite skin recipe is to use a small sprinkle a handful of lavender buds, chamomile flowers and rose petals. A little goes a long way. They infuse the water with a light scented facial steam and looks so pretty!
Make a recipe for yourself or you can share with your clients at your spa or beauty business. All you need to do is pick up a few flowers and herbs depending on what you are going to make. Just remember if you have acne, rosacea or sensitive skin issues you might want to skip this beauty recipe.
There are so many choices to make in your kitchen!!!
- Then all you need is a clean face and a bowl of hot water that you boiled in a pot on the stove top and poured into a glass bowl.
- I like to use a glass bowl that you can see through. It makes the experience even more delightful.
- Next, toss a few herbs or flowers of your choice. What are you in the mood for today? * You might even want to try a drop of your favorite essential oil. Like lavender or rose oil.
- Place your face over the bowl and place a tea towel over your head and not to close.
- Allow the warm STEAM to rise and to your face.
- Do this for at least 5 to 10 minutes or until the water cools.
- Your face will sweat and be damp. A good sign! The dead skin,traces of old makeup and impurities will sweat out.
- Wash your face with a lukewarm washcloth and follow with and use your fave facial toner or astringent.
- Apply a few drops of moisturizer and eye cream.
- Let me know how you like it and any recipes you come up with!
So escape and enjoy a few minutes just for you! My husband even loves to do this too.